Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Second Life

So, if you haven't already heard about this fairly new online phenomenon called Second Life, then you may want to check it out! The basic concept behind this socio-cultural virtual world is a digital alter ego that you have full control and customizaiton over. You then explore the seemingly endless environment, interacting with people from all over the world, or rather, their digital counterparts.

This is me chillen in a tube at the beach.

I find this whole trend absoluetly fascinating. It has taken the age of virtual communication and collaboration to an entirely new level! In the Second Life world, you can buy and sell property, businesses, services, clothes...you name it, it's there. You can have a job that pays you in "Linden Dollars," the game's currency, which equates to a certain amount of USD. Musicians are able to stream their tunes and fans have the opportunity to listen to live music, accompanied by a virtual representation.


This is me flying by a beautiful sunset.

Probably my favorite aspect of Second Life is that you can fly. That's right! You can soar around practically any virtual environment you want- uninhibited. Don't get me wrong, I am completely aware that it is in fact a computer game. I'm not about to get sucked into a false realm of virtual fantasies...but if you check it out, I bet you will see the appeal.

blog comments powered by Disqus

What should my blog focus on?

Drop me a line!

Q-Chat

Create a Meebo Chat Room